The Cape Cod Community Media Center will be offering a summer internship for college students or recent college graduates. Applicants who are interested in careers in communications, media, film, or production and are motivated and deadline driven should apply! Cape Cod Community Media Center interns have gained professional hands-on experience and have built strong portfolios which have been critical to advancing their careers after completion of the internship. Former interns and volunteers have gone on to pursue professional careers in the film industry, communications, broadcast journalism, and have landed jobs in major market television stations.
Interns will gain experience in all aspects of multimedia communication and production through a series of projects including:
● Working on field production and special projects, as assigned.
● Maintaining TV studio and assisting studio productions.
● Maintaining Community Bulletin Board.
● Maintaining video library and updating archives.
● General office work, as needed.
● Arranging programs with local and community groups.
● Conducting interviews with local personalities, recording events.
● Developing program topics and/or segments.
● Hosting/moderating programs in the CMC studio.
● Assisting individual studio productions.
● Directing studio-produced program.
● Operating camera.
● Researching and packaging news stories for Cape Media News
This internship runs from May-August. Hours can be flexible.
Candidates must demonstrate an interest in film, media, television production, or communications. Applicants should be motivated, a team player, and deadline driven. Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Experience in videography/editing is a plus. Interns must provide their own housing and have reliable transportation.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to Paula Hersey, Director of Community Outreach & Special Projects via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is April 15th, 2017.
Live Like a Local: Produced by 2015 interns Breanna Gustafson & Taylor McDowell
The Warehouse: Produced by 2016 Interns Jack Iten, Jenny Walsh, & Izzi Caplan