Cape Media News is a hyperlocal television news broadcast that covers issues that matter to Cape Cod.
Launched in April 2017, Cape Media News has covered hundreds of local stories on housing, the economy, water quality, local politics, the opioid crisis, education, environmental issues, community events, public safety, quality of life, and so much more.
Our reporters are Cape Codders who have a deep love for the region and a commitment to providing honest, educational, informative news to our residents.
We hope that the hundreds of thousands of visitors that come to Cape Cod find value in our newscasts, and take us back home to stay connected to the region.
Cape Media News Internship
Cape Media News offers summer internships for college students who are interested in a career in communications, media production, and journalism.
Here are some of the activities you can expect to experience as a Cape Media News intern:
- Learn the basic principles and code of ethics of journalism.
- Learn how to research a potential news story through website searches, conversations, social media, local newspapers, and networking to create meaningful news content for the Cape Media News program.
- Work with the Cape Media News team to develop your story angle and write meaningful interview questions.
- Conduct in-person and zoom interviews with community leaders to create news segments for Cape Media News.
- Learn how to write a narrative for your news segment.
- Learn how to edit a news package for television using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Assist the Cape Media News team in recording its weekly newscast.
- Assist the Cape Media News team with its social media.
Here are some skills you can expect to gain as a CMN intern:
- How to produce an informative news segment
- Video production skills including the use of cameras, microphones, and lighting
- Editing skills through the use of Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Adobe Audition.
- On and off-camera interviewing, hosting, and storytelling skills
- An interest in news, television, or journalism
- Basic knowledge of video production and editing
- The ability to work well as part of a team
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Gabrielle Rosson, email@example.com.