Due to COVID-19, we are suspending our internship program until further notice. However, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in pursuing an internship in the fall or at a later date.
Video Production Internship
The Media Center offers summer internships for college students who are interested in a career in communications, media, film, and television production. Media Center interns gain hands-on production experience in a professional environment, and have gone on to pursue careers in film, communications, journalism, and television production.
Here are some of the activities you can expect to experience as a Media Center intern:
- Working with other interns as a production team to brainstorm and produce an original program or series
- Assisting Media Center staff in recording studio television programs
- Assisting Media Center staff with video productions in the field
- Conducting interviews with local community leaders
- Assisting with youth camps
Here are some skills you can expect to gain as a Media Center intern:
- How to produce a program in a professional television studio
- Video production skills including the use of cameras, microphones, and lighting
- Editing skills through the use of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Interviewing, hosting, and storytelling skills
- An interest in film, media, television, or journalism
- Basic knowledge of video production and editing
- The ability to work well as part of a team
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kate McMahon, email@example.com.